As a follow up to my post about my packing list, here’s how my items fared in this trip.
Items in normal font are the things I have used once or twice.
Items in bold are the things I have used often.
Items underlined are the things I never had the opportunity to use.
Items in italics are the things I could have done without.
Items that are bold, underlined and italized are things I’m so glad I brought.
- 1 pair of pants
- 1 pair of capri pants
- 2 pairs of shorts – I hardly ever used my other pair. Must bring a different short next time.
- 3 shirts
- 1 big shirt as a cover up – I also used this when going out.
- 2 tank tops – It’s hot in Thailand.
- 1 pair of socks
- Jacket – The bus and the train is cold.
- Bandana – Let’s face it. I’m not a bandana wearing person.
- Flip Flops – You can use it in the beach, in the city and in the dirty toilet.
- Towel – Of the four resort/hostel I’ve stayed in, only 1 did not provide a towel.
- Deodorant – Once again, it was hot in Thailand.
- Facial Wash
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Soap/Body Wash
- Nail clippers
- Lip Gloss/Balm
- Face Powder
- Detergent – Actually, I forgot to bring a detergent.
- Napkin/Panty liner – My period decided to wait until I get back to Manila to make an appearance. How considerate.
- Tissue paper
- Wet towels
- Antibacterial gel
- Contact lens case
- Extra pair of contacts
- Contact lens solution
- Comb/Hair brush
- Confirmation Emails
- 2 pcs. Passport photos
- Health insurance – And I’m glad I never have to file a claim.
- Identification Cards
- Emergency Numbers
- Photocopy of all Documents
- ATM Card/Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Guide books – I only cracked my guidebook once, and it’s only too look at the river boat stops. I’ve been reading so much on Thailand for the past 4 months that I’ve memorized all the important imformation.
- Paperback novel – I also ended up buying 2 more. And sold the one I brought with me and one of the books I bought.
- Journal – I got lazy.
- Notepad – I used this to record all my expenses.
- Inflatable pillow – Never had the opportunity to use because once again, I forgot to buy one.
- Ziplock bags
- Sink stopper
- Bag lock – Mainly when I’m putting my bag more than 3 feet away from me.
- Laundry bag
- Ear plugs
- Eyeglasses – Towards the end of the trip, I started to miss being four-eyed.
- Daypack/Shoulder bag
- Shopping bag
- Extra Bag – I went shopping. Need I say more?
- Camera – I love cammie.
- MP3 player
- Mobile Phone
- Rechargeable batteries
- Phone Charger
- Battery Charger
- Universal adaptor plug
- Extra memory card
- Band Aids
- Cotton gauze
- Cotton balls
- Loperamide – Thank God I never had to take one of these.
- Ascorbic Acid
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Vicks Vaporub
Not in the list:
- My trusty folding fan. – I’m so glad I brought this.
- Sewing kit