Two of the things I’m most passionate about is traveling and photography. I may not be the most hardcore backpacker, nor am I the best photographer, but that doesn’t stop me from wandering and taking photos.
The best thing about taking photos while traveling is that you get to preserve a moment that you’ll only get to experience maybe only once in your life. I love how a single photo can tell a story and how it can evoke the same emotions you felt when you were taking it.
To celebrate another great year, I am giving away signed copies of Robert Alejandro’s book, The Sketching Backpacker: Southeast Asia and parts of China, Jetro B. Rafael’s Backpack Photos postcard book and the gift of flickr: a one year Flickr Pro account, which gives you unlimited uploads and unlimited sets and collections. To win this awesome set, simply share your best travel photos and share the story behind the picture.
Simple, no? It can be a picture of the most amazing sunrise you have witnessed in Cambodia or a photo of sea lions sunning themselves in the shores of the Galapagos. It just have to be a photo you have taken yourself, and it has to impress not only me, but also two of the best travel photographers (and my favorites) in the Philippines, Ferdz Decena of Ironwulf.net and Estan Cabigas of Langyaw.com, who will help me pick the winner of the contest.
Backpack: Southeast Asia and parts of China to help you plan your Asian adventure and Backpack photos to motivate you to travel.
To enter, create a blog post with the photo, and share the story behind the photo, and why it was memorable to you. Leave a comment or a trackback in this entry on or before December 19, 2008. The winner will be announced on December 25, 2008. I’m looking foward to seeing your photos 🙂
- This contest is open to all Justwandering readers, either in the Philippines or overseas.
- Create a blog entry in your own blog with a photo you took yourself while traveling. Give a short background about the photo.
- Be sure to indicate in your entry that the post is your entry for this contest, with a link to Justwandering.org.
- Leave a comment or a trackback to this entry, so I know that you have joined my contest. No comment/trackback disqualifies your entry.
- Deadline for submission of entries is at 11:59 pm of December 19, 2008. Winners will be announced on December 25.