Let’s make this short and sweet: the contest ends on January 30, 2011 at 11:59pm. Last few days to Google the hell out of my blog for the answers to the following questions:
- What is traditionally served for lunch among the Portuguese?
- In which book can you find this paragraph:
“Tourists, of course, are always other people; never us. We are different. We are travellers – intelligent, well-mannered and cultured, a blessing on our chosen destinations, a delight to have around. It’s a common attitude, and one that I have always found condescending and offensive, as well as inaccurate. If you travel away from home for pleasure, you’re a tourist, no matter how you like to dress it up.”
- Who was my guide at Angkor Wat?
- What song is this busker singing?
- True or False: I’ve been to all countries in Southeast Asia
If you answer all five questions correctly, you automatically qualify the raffle. You can up your chances (or make up for wrong answers) by answering the bonus questions, which were given out through Twitter, Facebook and the RSS feed. Answers must be submitted through this form. Contest mechanics, terms and condition can be found in this post.
What do you get for all that effort? A chance to win this basket of goodies (basket not included):.
- 1 Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook
- 1 Sea to Summit 8L Dry Sack
- 1 Aquazorb Ultra Thin microskintec towel
- 1 Travel Essentials Small Packing Cube
- 1 Travel Essentials Pack It packing list
- 1 box Ziploc Storage Bag (Quart size, 25 pieces)
- 2 packs travel and cushion compression bag
- 1 Team Manila passport cover
- 3 pcs Team Manila bag tags
- 1 Universal power adaptor
- 4 pcs Muji liquid container (may differ from what is pictured)
- 1 foldable ecobag
Here’s a partial list of readers who already qualified for the raffle:
Karen Marty Dela Cruz – 2 raffle entries
Katrina Centeno – 2 raffle entries
Chyng – 2 raffle entries
dyanie – 2 raffle entries
BPS – 2 raffle entries
Rey Martin Canate – 2 raffle entries
ida* – 2 raffle entries
Kara Frances Mauricio* – 2 raffle entries
Dash Estefani – 2 raffle entries
Doris Domasian – 3 raffle entries
Chechel Estacio – 2 raffle entries
Ivy Manalansan* – 2 raffle entries
Raquel Lao# – 2 raffle entries
Rotch* – 2 raffle entries
John Carlo Senas – 2 raffle entries
Deza – 2 raffle entries
Angel Juarez* – 2 raffle entries
Names with an asterisk (*) means that you got one answer wrong, but you answered the bonus questions correctly, thus offsetting the wrong answer. You need to get ALL answers correctly if you want to get 3 raffle entries.
Names with a hash (#) means that you got 9 out of 10 questions correctly!
Names with two asterisks (**) means that though you scored at least 6 and above, I’m giving you only 1 raffle entry each since I have strong reasons to suspect you are just one (or 2) persons using different combinations of your name and e-mail address in an attempt to get more entries in.