I don’t know how strict they are the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, but the airport security personnel at the domestic terminal of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport were very strict.
Some of the items they asked passengers to remove from their [tag]hand carry[/tag]:
- Small bottle of foundation
- Small bottle of hair shine (it’s in a clear bottle and the content itself is clear)
- Tube of lip gloss
- Big tube of toothpaste
- A bottle of sand
Thinking back, I had some questionable items in my hand carry, though they let it pass.
- Lipbalm in a tiny jar (the one wherein you use your finger to apply, not the lipstick looking one
- Unopened bottle of mineral water
- Unopened bottle of flavored green tea
Actually, at the entrance of Cebu Pacific’s waiting lounge, there was another bag check and I was told to finish the coffee I was drinking and the bottle of water AND the tea. Between my friend and I, we were able to empty the water bottle, but didn’t even bother opening the bottle of tea. It’s just as well since when it was time to board, the airline personnel didn’t even check our stuff.
I hope that answers your question, whoever you are who’s Googling for “what can i bring in my carry on luggage.”