Five years ago, I made up my mind to stop talking about wanting to travel and actually travel. That decision proved to be a pivotal moment in my life: from January 2006 to December 2010, I have traveled farther and traveled a lot more than I ever thought I would.
Along with researching about my destinations, I have read up on travel gears and gadgets I am supposed to have in my backpack at all times. Over the years, I’ve learned which works for me and my travel style, owing to years of trying out recommended products by other travelers.
To celebrate the start of another year of travel, Just Wandering is giving away this basket of travel goodies:
- 1 Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guidebook
- 1 Sea to Summit 8L Dry Sack
- 1 Aquazorb Ultra Thin microskintec towel
- 1 Travel Essentials Small Packing Cube
- 1 Travel Essentials Pack It packing list
- 1 box Ziploc Storage Bag (Quart size, 25 pieces)
- 2 packs travel and cushion compression bag
- 1 Team Manila passport cover
- 3 pcs Team Manila bag tags
- 1 Universal power adaptor
- 4 pcs Muji liquid container
- 1 foldable ecobag
I’m raffling off the entire package to one lucky Just Wandering reader. To enter the raffle, you just need to answer the following questions:
- What is traditionally served for lunch among the Portuguese?
- In which book can you find this paragraph:
“Tourists, of course, are always other people; never us. We are different. We are travellers – intelligent, well-mannered and cultured, a blessing on our chosen destinations, a delight to have around. It’s a common attitude, and one that I have always found condescending and offensive, as well as inaccurate. If you travel away from home for pleasure, you’re a tourist, no matter how you like to dress it up.”
- Who was my guide at Angkor Wat?
- What song is this busker singing?
- True or False: I’ve been to all countries in Southeast Asia
To qualify for the raffle, you must get all answers correctly. Don’t fret if you don’t have the answers for all 5 questions! I will be giving bonus questions to offset your incorrect answers. These bonus questions can also raise your score and give you additional raffle entries. Those who get 6 to 9 correct answers will be getting 2 raffle entries, while those who score a perfect 10 will be given 3 raffle entries. The catch: the bonus questions will be given through the RSS feed, Just Wandering Twitter account and Just Wandering Facebook Page. That means you’d have to subscribe to the blog, follow @NinaWanders and Like the Facebook Page. The bonus questions will be given one at a time, so you’d really have to keep your eyes peeled, if you want more chances of winning. Sneaky, eh?
This contest runs from January 5, 2011 to January 30, 2011. Winner will be announced on February 1, 2011. Read the contest mechanics for the fine print.
Are you ready to win? Submit your answers now!
- This contest is open to all Just Wandering readers residing in the Philippines. As much as I would love to send overseas, it’s just too expensive. If you are residing overseas, you can join as long as you have a Philippine address that I can send the prizes to.
- To qualify for the raffle, contestants must answer all 5 questions correctly.
- The answers must be based from posts that appeared on Justwandering.org, @NinaWanders, Just Wandering’s Facebook Page and my flickr.
- If a contestant feels that they answered incorrectly, they can submit another form with their answers. However, only the most recent entry will be considered.
- Contestants can get additional points by answering the bonus questions, which will be given through RSS, Twitter or the Just Wandering Facebook page. One correct answer is equivalent to one point.
- Getting five points is equivalent to one raffle entry. Getting six to nine points earns the contestant 2 raffle entries, while a perfect score of 10 grants the contestant 3 raffle entries.
- Contestants must submit their answers through the form.
- Contest ends on January 30, 2011.
- The winner will be picked by a drawing using the Random.org List Randomizer.
- Winner will be notified via e-mail. If there was no reply from the winner until 7 days after the announcement of winner or if the winner cannot provide a Philippine mailing address, contestant in the number 2 spot will be given the prize.