As you may have surmised, I am terribly uninspired lately. Blame it on PMS, cabin fever or depression over my perpetually empty bank account, this month has so far been terrible.
In an attempt to cheer myself up, I’ve started reading up on places I want to visit from now until 2009. Hey, it’s never too early to plan, right?
I’m limiting it to two years because I want to make this list as realistic as possible. I don’t want just write down a place even though deep down I know it’s not possible. Then again, it wouldn’t hurt to dream
And so, the 10 places I want to go to in the next 2 years:
- Palawan. Whether it’s El Nido, Puero Princessa or Coron, I don’t care as long as it’s Palawan. I
wantneed to go there. I’m sure the gorgeous beaches and the unspoilt nature is the best stress-buster.
- Mindanao. Well, I need to raise my Lakbayan grade! Pitiful, specially since I haven’t been to ANY island in Mindanao. Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Surigao or Basilan? Hmmmmm…
- Boracay. I’ve been here before, but Boracay definitely warrants another visit. Jonah’s milkshake, firedancers, Friday the dog, Levy’s sushi, D’mall, Mr. Juicebar, Jägermeister, Tekken tournaments, sarongs and Koreans. Oh yes, some of our best (and for some, worst) memories happened in Bora.
- Camarines Sur. To be accurate, the Camsur Water Complex. Must. Go. There.
- Tagaytay. Can you keep a secret? I haven’t been to Tagaytay yet! Well, I’ve passed by the place, but I haven’t gone down the bus or car to see the sights.
- Sydney. I can’t help it. I wan’t able to get enough of Sydney. There’s still so many places I haven’t been to, things to try, food to eat, ferry rides to take…
- Malaysia. As with most travelers who go to Singapore, a side trip to Malaysia is part of the itinerary. On my first trip to Singapore back in 2000, we did the customary weekend trip to KL, doing the touristy stuff. The next weekend was a half-day trip to Johor Bahru for brunch and a visa run. Aside from hitting up KL, this time I’d like to head on north to Penang and maybe Langkawi as well. I’m also eyeing Kota Kinabalu and maybe Kuching (Cayce promised me a tour!)
- Hong Kong. People are often surprised to find out that I still haven’t been to HK. Before low cost carriers opened up the skies for budget travel to our South East Asian neighbors, Hong Kong is the prime destination for first time travelers and shopaholics. One of the easiest place to go to from Manila, and I still haven’t been there. Oh the irony.
- Cambodia. This shouldn’t have been in this list, but my Malaysia – Cambodia January 2007 plan was thwarted by my not-so-sudden trip to Australia. I already had my tickets for KL – Siem Reap – KL, booked as early as September, during an AirAsia promo. Unfortunately, I totally forgot about them until AFTER the flight dates so I wasn’t able to re-book it. Bah! Hopefully, I’ll be successful next year. *crosses fingers*
- Germany. This is a long shot, but I have to go there before bchai and her hubby move to another place! Oh, and to practice what little German I know. Scheissen Sie!
I’ll check back on this list from time to time, to guide me where to go next. Who knows, maybe before 2009 ends, I’ve already visited all these places