This is an advertorial
I have this love/hate relationship with credit cards. I got my first card in 2006, right around the time I started planning for my first solo trip. Back then, if you want to buy plane tickets from budget airline’s websites, you have to use a credit card. My first purchase was round trip tickets to Singapore via Jetstar Airways, followed by my Tiger Airways tickets to Bangkok. I also used my credit card to pay for my train ticket to Udon Thani in Southern Thailand, when I arranged it with a Bangkok-based travel agent, while still in Manila.
Credit cards come in handy when you and your friends make an impulsive decision to fly to Bangkok to eat
Credit cards played a huge role in my being able to get super cheap fares when I was going crazy going around Southeast Asia. They are also behind every impulse buy, whether in Manila, Hong Kong or Tokyo. These days, however, I’ve been controlling myself from using them. There are plenty more countries I want to visit, and I need some major savings for a lot of them. My will is always put to the test, though, with deals left and right offered by credit card companies, retail shops, and hotels.
Like this one offered by BDO: purchase online using your BDO Credit Card and get discounted rates at Universal Studios SingaporeTM, S.E.A. AquariumTM and Adventure Cove Water ParkTM. Not only that, BDO Credit Cardholders also get great deals on hotels like Hard Rock Hotel®, Hotel MichaelTM, or Festive HotelTM in Sentosa.
Get SGD10 off on 1 Adult One-Day Pass at Universal Studios SingaporeTM and additional SGD10 discount retail voucher (that’s 27% SAVINGS!) or a SGD50 bundled offer for 1 S.E.A. AquariumTM & Adventure Cove Water ParkTM Adult One-Day Pass. Promo period runs through August 31, 2013.
Enjoy a 3D/2N Sentosa Getaway at Hard Rock Hotel®, Hotel MichaelTM or Festive HotelTM, starting from SGD608 nett, inclusive of:
- Breakfast for 2
- 2 Universal Studios SingaporeTM Adult One-Day Pass
- 2 S.E.A. AquariumTM Adult One-Day Pass
- 2 Adventure Cove WaterparkTM Adult One-Day Pass
Rates starting from SGD608 nett (low season) & SGD708 nett (peak season) for stays between May 1 – May 23, 2013, and SGD688 nett (low season) & SGD788 nett (peak season) for stays between May 24 – August 31, 2013. Booking period is from April 15 – August 29, 2013.
The fine print:
- The promo is open to all active BDO MasterCard, Visa, JCB, UnionPay and American Express Credit Card Cardholders.
- Promo period is until May 31, 2013 for Universal Studios SingaporeTM Pass and Bundled Tickets to S.E.A. AquariumTM & Adventure Cove WaterparkTM and until August 29, 2013 for the 3D/2N Sentosa Getaway, with hotel stay period of May 1 – August 31, 2013.
- To avail of the offer, Cardholder must use his/her BDO / American Express Credit Card.
- Bookings and payment may be done on-site and via promotion link on the Resorts World SentosaTM website with BDO MasterCard, Visa, JCB and UnionPay Credit Cards, while American Express Credit Cards may be used for on-site transactions, by specifying “BDO Promotional Universal Studios Singapore.”
- Universal Studios SingaporeTM and S.E.A AquariumTM + Adventure Cove WaterparkTM Bundled Tickets are valid for purchase of up to 6 tickets per card per transaction.
- Offers are not convertible to cash or gift certificates.
- Offers cannot be exchanged for other items or discounts and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers, privileges and VIP cards.
- For hotel room accommodations, advance reservation is required. Blackout dates and specific hotel standard terms and conditions may apply.
- Rates may be subject to applicable taxes and/or service charges.
[Update June 10, 2013]
The Universal Studios Singapore Promo is extended until 6/30/13! Use your BDO Credit Card and get SGD10 off on Adult One-Day Passes & SGD10 retail voucher.
Visit www.bdo.com.ph for complete details. Per DTI Permit No. 2790, Series of 2013.